Saturday, January 24, 2009

What is Love?


What is Love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

I had never paid much attention to these simple lyrics of Haddaway's extremely popular song. But, that was until I actually experienced true love myself. And just as the lyrics say, I found out that there is no love without hurtin'! Hurt coming from wanting to meet someone, but they being too far away. Pain coming from saying goodbyes while trying to hold back the tears in our eyes. Yes, pain and love definitely go hand in hand, which is why Haddaway's seemingly nonsensical lyrics ring so true.

I must admit though, that before it all happened, I was a robotic, unemotional, detached me (running on software v23.0?). I couldn't be bothered about anything. But ever since I got 'struck', time flew so fast. I found myself unleashed right in the middle of a whirlpool of emotions. All I know is that the feelings are very palpable and caring for someone is the sweetest emotion of all.

I don't want to sugarcoat however, by saying that I have had the smoothest relationship. There have been numerous opportunities for improvement but never any regrets. She has been there to see me through it all without ever expecting, and with a steely resolve that knows no boundaries. The end result?

As someone very wise said to me 'Kuchh rishtey banane padte hain aur kuchh rishtey aise hote hain jo kuchh bhi expect nahin karte, par hamesha rehte hain jab bhi unki zaroorat ho.' (Some relationships need to be created/worked upon but some are always there whenever you need them most) Summing up our relationship in a completely unbiased statement: Our bond is a covalent one - where the love and pain between us constitutes the shared electrons. Without sharing these with each other, we are incomplete, lost and meaningless. But sharing, we are as strong and together as a diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment